Thursday, April 16, 2009

First Workout..

This post-season is still moving slow, but this week brought us some pretty good open gyms. Alot of guys from around the area came to the gym to play, and its helping us in the end. We also had our first individual workouts today. They really werent as bad as I thought they would be. I kinda wished I would have played better in the open gym session though.

Our workouts started with some dynamic stretching, to get our muscles loose. I really like to do those before games and workouts because they speed up the process for my body. Regular streching works but it doesnt make me feel as good as the dynamic stretch.

Individual sessions also helps everyone on the team gain confidence in their game. Alot of basketball teams are at this point in their season. Its actually not that bad. We still havent had any recruits. Yeah, that part is kind of discouraging. As players we have no idea what kind of players are coming in for the fall.

Hopefully the coaches pick some good guys. If not we're going to have a tough season, well... not really. We have a lot of tools coming back next season. At this point I guess I can stop rambling about our post-season, talk to you guys next week.

1 comment:

  1. I'll be curious to see the new guys too. I often get the younger b-ball players in Speech class.

    ReplyDelete

Followers